Thursday, January 12, 2012

The TV Stand redo

Well, if you’ve been with me for awhile you’ll remember that I once complained that I had a B-A-T (Big Ass TV). We still have the BAT but it is now on a better stand. The old dresser we had our TV on was smaller than the TV. It looked silly and drove me crazy! Here is the before -

[006[3].jpg]

And here is the after -

002

We’ve had this dresser for years and years. At one time we actually used it as a dresser, then got painted green and was in our front entry to store mittens and DVD’s, then it got painted BLUE and was in my son’s room. THEN it got redone and has finally found a permanent home…as a TV stand. Here is a closer look at the details-

004

If you can tell, the brown color is actually the wood grain. I sanded the whole dresser and then cut my “picture” out of contact paper and stuck it on the drawers. Then painted it black. Then took off the contact paper and sealed the whole works. The top got it’s own special finish that I’ll show you another time. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all the cords. And, the stand that is next to the TV is ugly. Just sayin’ it’s UGLY! I’m waiting for just the right piece of furniture to redo and haven’t found it yet. But most of the fun is in the searching, I should know because it took me about a year and a half to actually finish this dresser. lol! Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't wait for you to share the top. Your readers will be in awe. And I still love this, you have got to help me do something with out bedroom dresser.
It looks awesome, truly.
TTU tomorrow. Blessings!!